Monday, January 25, 2010

New Artist: Natalia Kills

Natalia Kills

Quick update for today. Exams and sketching and all that...
A friend introduced me to this new artist named Natalia Kills who is signed under Cherrytree Records. The same label that found/signed Lady GaGa. Apparently she's been doing this for a number of years but she is just deciding to come out with her new style (sound and look) away from her pop-like style in 2005. She's from the UK and is Jamaican and South American. I think she's rather awesome, though. One of the things I find most interesting/unexpected is that she is going to release a film titled The Exhibition alongside the release of her debut album Perfectionist.
The thing that's funny/awesome to me is that the same person who told me about this girl, told me about GaGa. That was in July 2008 - way before she was even close to being the household name she is today. I fell in love with her and followed her every step of the way. Seeing this new girl, Natalia Kills, under the same circumstances (from my perspective) is neat. Really neat. Listen to/watch her video for "Zombie." This apparently isn't an official single rather than a hype single.

No comments:

Post a Comment