Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Best Dressed Male

I want this title for my high school yearbook's Senior Superlatives (best smile, most likely to take over the world, etc.). I don't want this because I think I dress better than the students at my school during the school year. I want it because I do. That might sound like a big-headed comment but I feel that I care enough about what I wear more than the majority of people at Hylton High School.

The odd thing is I don't care about what I wear to impress the students and faculty; I care because I love fashion. I might not care about impressing others with what I wear, but I care about showing my love to them. Honestly, dressing "well" isn't for them, it's for me. If I go out of my house not looking what I feel is great for me, I'm not comfortable.

But, I mean, it's not like I wear anything like suits everyday. I wear whatever's in my closet but... I put them together in a better way? I don't even know what I mean by that. What I'm trying to say is I wear the normal things - like jeans and converse. I think I just pair those simple things with better things on my upper-half. I've got to get my DSLR so I can start taking pictures. Lately I'm being more adventurous with what I'm wearing more so than in September/October. Tweeking this and that on my clothes from thrift stores a lot (thrifting ROCKS) and putting them to up-to-date use. It does bother me when I hear comments from stranger-students on what I'm wearing, though. Although I rarely hear anything negative, if at all. Since I'm an attendance aide for my school, I spend a period delivering early dismissal passes... Mostly to underclassmen. And when I walk into the classroom to deliver the pass and walk out there are always those who, I guess, like what I'm wearing that day or like my hair. Thanks? I'm a shy person, by the way.

So for the past 2 days, voting for those Senior Superlatives I mentioned earlier went on. I want Best Dressed. But nothing's guaranteed because I'm mean to a lot of people and don't like or don't know most of my Senior class. But I hear my friends voted for me so that's great.

Oh yeah, my Sociology teacher called me an 'Early Adopter' the other day. Which means I get the trends early? I don't know, there are lots of definitions to that word I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment